Date:
Fri, 4 Nov 2005 17:55:32 +0100
Hello,

I am doing a survey to evaluate the work practices and methods of web developers
in the hobbyist and semi-professional segment. The survey is part of my PhD
thesis at the Research Group for Industrial Software at the Vienna University
of Technology, Austria (http://www.inso.tuwien.ac.at/).

If you are involved in web authoring and consider yourself a hobbyist or
semi-professionalist rather than a full-time professional web developer, I
would greatly appreciate it if you could take the time and fill out my
questionnaire. The questionnaire is available online at

http://deco.inso.tuwien.ac.at/websurvey/

It should take you about 20-25 minutes to complete the form. The results will
guide the development of a prototype authoring tool, focusing on new and
evolving Web technologies - particularily device independence and voice
interaction. It is planned that the tool will also be made available for public
beta testing to those who are interested.

If you have any further inquiries or suggestions, please feel free to contact me
at

Thank you,
Rainer Simon