CHI-WEB Archives

CHI-WEB@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Sender:
From:
Keith Instone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 1997 17:37:04 -0500
>Is someone selling the chi-web mailing list?  If so, I'd like to state
>that I do not want my name and email address sold to spammers...

No, they simply sent an email to an open list. We have SPAM catchers
running for ACM lists, but if they only hit a few lists at a time, the
spam-catcher won't get them (since they are not really spamming, just
using lists inappropriately).

I'll set up CHI-Web so this particular person cannot strike us again.

Any followups should come to ME and not the list. Do not compound the
problem, please.

Keith
CHI-Web co-owner

Keith Instone           [log in to unmask]
Usable Web            (419) 823-3319 or -1036
PO Box 7411           Bowling Green, OH 43403