CHI-WEB Archives

CHI-WEB@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
J Caldwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 2014 09:06:22 -0600
[Apologies for cross-posting; please forward to colleagues who may be
interested]

Dear colleagues,

Brigham Young University has been engaged in researching the emotional
effects of visual characteristics in typefaces. Our research activities
relate to providing a systematic explanation for why specific typeface
features have specific emotion responses. Research has focused on Roman
typefaces and indicated a correlation between specific typeface features
(variety vs. contrast vs. pattern) and specific emotional parameters
(amusement vs. agitation vs. focus).

We are now carrying out an evaluation on the affective response to Japanese
typefaces. To this purpose, we have designed two online questionnaires,
available through the following links:

Hiragana typeface survey -
https://byu.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_6XuOr0g8Qp5xfMx
Katakana typeface survey -
https://byu.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_6Dc0bKjVz3rYugt

All questions in the questionnaires are strictly confidential and will only
be used for research and scientific purposes. Each questionnaire is
anonymous and will be open until the 31st of March 2014. We would greatly
appreciate your further assistance in sharing the survey links with other
colleagues of yours if you find it interesting.

Upon completion of the survey, we would be more than happy to share the
results with you. These will also be included in a forthcoming paper to
presented at an IEEE Professional Communication Conference.

Thank you very much in advance for your collaboration and valuable feedback!

Joshua Caldwell
Brigham Young University

              MODERATOR: mailto:[log in to unmask]