CHI-WEB Archives

CHI-WEB@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 2010 15:19:47 -0400
Hi - I have encountered a video issue with Morae video and was wondering if anyone on our list has run across something similar in your work with it.  I am running usability tests on a device and need to use 2 video inputs (one trained on the participant's face and the other on their hands using the device).

Have you ever had to use 2 video inputs into Morae (as opposed to just one)?  If so, do you know any tricks to make the main window video crisper?  I started out using 2 Logitech 2MP web cams. The images are very nice however the curent Morae 3.2 recorder cannot compress such high resolution video. Morae tech support told me to use an old fashioned Sony camcorder as the video input for the main window because their software cannot yet handle the higher resolution webcams. This works fine, but the image is not sharp.

 Problem is with the Sony there is lots of ghosting and posterization, which I don’t think my client will like! I lowered the resolution of the main window & this helps, but I was wondering if others have found ways of dealing with this limitation & might have other suggestions.

Thanks!

Kay

Usability Research & User-centered design