CHI-WEB Archives

CHI-WEB@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Weston Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Weston Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 May 2007 08:56:59 -0700
I'll rattle off a few knee-jerk ideas. Use as you see fit.

Maybe precede the pesky set of questions with a check-box "I will
answer these questions" (pick copy to match your situation). When
checked, it would turn the questions from inactive to active and mark
them all as required.  Depending on the length of things, it might be
nice to have them all on that initial page and visible.

Or, mash up that idea with the idea already suggested by Matt: at the
end of the basic form, have a check box for "I will answer these
additional" questions and then if that is checked, show them as the

OR - maybe there's some way to figure out before coming to this form
if the guest will want/need to answer these questions.  If you have
things broken out into steps, can something happen on the prior step
(or prior module in the page) that will determine if these should show
at all?

Cheers,
Weston Thompson
IA / The Capital Group