CHI-WEB Archives

CHI-WEB@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
david broschisnky <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
david broschisnky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 May 2004 14:30:02 -0600
Hello, I'm David Broschinsky, and I'm this week's CHI-WEB moderator (31 May
- 6 June, 2004).

This mail contains list policy information and pending summaries.

== ABOUT POSTING ===
Member-only posting to CHI-WEB is now implemented.

When posting to the list, please remember:
      * Make sure you post a summary if you collect comments and
suggestions.
      * The posting must be in plain text.
      * Trim your replies.

We ask you to add meta-information to your subject line in the form of a
category statement. The four types follow:

     **DISCUSSION: A web and hci/usability title goes here

     **C+S: A broader range of topics could go here (perhaps more
technical
or more general HCI - this is our "collect and summarize" initial
request)

     **SUMMARY: The title of the original posting goes here so an archive
search will find it (this is the C+S followup). Please
includecontributor
names unless they ask to be anonymous.

     **REQUEST: Volunteers, labs or other resources requested here

For detailed posting guidelines, please visit the CHI-WEB site:
http://sigchi.org/web/guidelines.html

== PENDING SUMMARIES ===

If you have not received sufficient responses to create a summary,
please
let a moderator know.

:: New pending summaries:
NONE

Management Applications...

:: Pending summaries (over a week old):
MAY
-- (17 May) Debbie Huntington <[log in to unmask]> - Online job
applications
-- (17 May) Matthew Wright <[log in to unmask]> - C+S: Bespoke Content
-- (12 May) Sanu George <[log in to unmask]> - Usability 'post mortem'
- deliverables & approaches
-- (04 May) Jeremy LaCivita: Spanish verbal buttons
-- (02 May) Matt Prather: Bad examples of chromostereopsis on web pages

APRIL
-- (28 April) Michael Tuminello <[log in to unmask]>: CHI degree program
advice
-- (26 April) Stephanie Berger <[log in to unmask]>: usable phrasing?
-- (07 April) Jean-Yves Delort <[log in to unmask]> an agent to
buid more relevant queries on google and other search engines
-- (05 April) Gail G Mclaughlin, <[log in to unmask]> User cannot
red
read text
-- (05 April) Laura Ward <[log in to unmask]> C+S: UI for Government
Form
-- (02 April) Jeff Sikes - Form Design: Visual Design Best Practice

== REMINDER ===
To suspend your CHI-WEB subscription before turning on out-of-office
replies, please send the following line as the body of an email to

      set chi-web nomail

To resume your subscription when you return, send this line

      set chi-web mail

Regards,

David Broschinsky,
CHI-WEB Moderator