From:
Alex Genov <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alex Genov <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Feb 2006 03:10:44 -0800
To me, any design solution should NOT be based only  on "user preference", but on the combination of what design problem you  are trying to solve and the user's reaction to the solution.  In  addition, the design problem is usually a combination of business needs  and user needs/goals.  Did this answer help :)?

  Alex

Alia Amin <[log in to unmask]> wrote:  The sign in vs log in discussion lead me to think of similar problem.
I was wondering if there is any study done on users preference on a
checkbox.
e.g. "enable spell checker" vs. "disable spell checker"
Does it have to be a positive statements?
If the default value is a positive state (i.e. the spell checker is
enabled). Does it make sense that the checkbox statement is "disable
spell checker"?

TIA,
Alia