CHI-WEB Archives

CHI-WEB@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2011 13:45:18 -0000
From:
Anshuman Singh <[log in to unmask]>
Bill,

A careful analysis of your site's web-analytics will help you find the
answer. Although there will be broad industry-level metric but each website
is very different from another when looked in detail.

I would investigate it as follows:

1.       What does increased traffic mean? Increased page views or increased
unique visitors? What's going on?

2.       It's possible that the redesign has added more pages e.g.
confirmation message on a new page as opposed to on the same page, thank you
pages etc.

3.       What does decreased conversion mean? Is it a % of unique visitors
or page views - and then answers to question 1 will help you find more
detailed answers

4.       Can you investigate your sales-funnel one step at a time - where
are the max. dropouts?

5.       Is there increased traffic from Search Engines, Aggregators sites
that Shop but don't Buy.

6.       Where is the maximum traffic coming from? Is there a trend? Many
companies trawl competitor websites for price comparisons etc.

7.       Have you introduced new functionality e.g. Check-in that doesn't
lead to a Sale

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Anshuman

Program Director - Enterprise Solutions & Consulting Group | MindTree Ltd.,
London | Travel Industry page on our website
<http://www.mindtree.com/industries-we-serve/travel-hospitality-leisure/trav
el-hospitality-leisure>  |  <http://www.linkedin.com/in/singhanshuman>
LinkedIn