Date:
Sat, 9 Aug 2008 16:09:09 +0000
Sorry to chime in late.  I felt a bit like the magazine was mixing two concepts:

1) Remote testing:  Log into another person's computer, record their activity,
etc.  Facilitate by audio if at all.  UserVue is a great tool for that, and has the
advantage of logging lots of computer activity as well as your own observations
and those of others.

 2) Unmoderated testing: Limit or eliminate moderation with your testing; location may or may not be defined.   Morae 3 has a new function where you can provide tasks
and surveys automatically, and conduct testing without a moderator, or with
limited facilitation.

Disclaimer:  I am a UX researcher for the company that makes both products:
TechSmith.

Josie Scott