CHI-WEB Archives

CHI-WEB@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Mitchell Gass <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mitchell Gass <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2011 14:53:56 -0800
At 12:18 PM 10/27/2010, Laurie Roshak wrote:
>Now that UserVue is no longer available, does anyone have a suggestion for a
>tool to conduct remote usability studies? I am looking for something that
>
>    1. records the participants desktop and voice; I don't necessarily need
>    the participants face
>    2. does not have excessive lag; this is an issue with WebEx
>    3. allows observers to observe in real time
>    4. allows chat between the facilitator and observers

Hi Laurie,

I've been using Morae for logging and recording together with
GoToMeeting for screen sharing and remote viewing. It's not perfect,
but it works reasonably well with a fast network connection.  Faster
connections make a big difference; corporate networks with fast
upstream and downstream connections are ideal. And it's not a bad
idea to check prospective participants' connection speeds as part of
the screening process.

Mitchell Gass
uLab | PDA: Learning from Users | Designing with Users
Berkeley, CA 94707 USA
+1 510 525-6864 office
+1 415 637-6552 mobile
+1 510 525-4246 fax