CHI-WEB Archives

CHI-WEB@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
"Chang, Roger" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chang, Roger
Date:
Tue, 20 May 1997 11:38:24 -0400
        Is it my imagination, or have I seen many more instances of indexes
(table of contents?) framed to the left of a web-site for navigation?
Do people out there share the same observation?  How would you weigh the
propagation of a familiar but less theoretically sound UI against the
learning required to adjust to a change in familiar UI that might
enhance usability once learned?  This would be difficult to usability
test without imposing the learning in the first place.

        Roger.