Date:
Thu, 11 Jun 2009 02:53:00 +0000
Does anyone have any experience applying the Microsoft Office 2007 "ribbon UI" to their own applications?

What do folks think about using the Office 2007 ribbon UI on a web-based application?

I know that Jakob Nielsen http://www.useit.com/alertbox/application-design.html   talked about the rapid adoption of the ribbon UI in one of his columns, but he was not specific about whether it was appearing in web-based applications as well.

Having read some posts on this list earlier about needing to break down the lines between technology platforms and distinctions between browsers, I wonder if it matters.

I would love to hear comments about using the ribbon UI on the web, or your own experiences on designing an application with the ribbon UI, whether web-based or enterprise-based.

Thanks,

Fran