CHI-WEB Archives

CHI-WEB@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Keith Instone <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Keith Instone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 1997 15:20:16 -0500
Today's additions to WebHCI <http://www.acm.org/sigchi/webhci/>:

Item of the Week
Americans, tune into Computer Chronicles on PBS this weekend (I have
to fight my daughter for the TV then because one of her favorite cartoons
is on at the same time) and watch "Computers and the Disabled". It
will have segments on Web access for the blind, for example. Link to
more info in "Covering related issues".

Upcoming events
With a workshop, panel, tutorial and paper session on user interfaces,
the WWW6 conference (finally) begins to recognize HCI. The deadline
for participating in the workshop is March 21. And don't miss the History
track.

Research
Read pre-print articles from the Int'l Journal of Human Computer
Studies' special issue on Web Usability.

Design
IBM has even newer guidelines now.

Keith

Keith Instone                   http://web.cs.bgsu.edu/instone/
Computer Science Department     [log in to unmask]
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43403 USA