From:
Alastair Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alastair Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 2004 12:01:30 +0000
Pat wrote:
> My company has historically used pop-ups for things like Help, contact
> forms, tour/demo, etc. I'm wondering now (particularly as I experience the
> Firefox and IE6 tactics myself at home) if the risks of a user not getting
> a requested pop-up outweigh their other possible benefits.

Done properly, the browsers shouldn't block a user-requested pop-up.

I'd suggest following the principles here for the how-to:
www.accessify.com/tutorials/the-perfect-pop-up.asp

Kind regards,

-Alastair

--

Alastair Campbell   |   Director of Research & Development

Please refer to the following disclaimer for this message:
http://www.nomensa.com/email/disclaimer.html