From:
Alan Bucher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alan Bucher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 13:39:02 -0700
Marjolein Katsma [mailto:[log in to unmask]] writes:
>But people who a re used to the Enter key submitting the form (the
>standard behavior for web forms) _will_ be disadvantaged.

They'll be inconvenienced, but not disadvantaged. Referring again to
the Quicken example, when I want to commit a transaction--but Enter
is instead set to go to the next field--I just hit it multiple times
until I'm at the last field, at which point it does commit. Yes, it's
more work, but it rapidly becomes second-nature to just hit Enter
four times in a row. It's no different from a data entry person who
knows that they have to tab four times to get to the field they want.

That inconvenience is more than made up for by the convenience of
having Enter move to the next field during the transaction entry.

http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html