From:
Alok Jain <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 2004 11:01:29 -0400
Dear All,

Talking at a UX strategy and Info Arch level , a lot of large
organizations are moving convergence in their Intranets, which
has hundreds-thousands sites, several web aplications and
systems.

While on one hand it has advanage of having everything in one
place,it also makes Info Arch very huge, and affects navigation.
The pattern I see is users use FURLs instead of navigation.

Is there any study on such concept of to what degree is such
convergence good? Is it better that we have 2-3 logically
separate Inranets instead of having these millions of pages in
one single Intranet. (I am defining "single" as having single
global navigation).

Will be greatful for any thoughts, reference material..

Please mail me, I'll summarise and send to the group.

Best Regards
Alok Jain

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more