CHI-WEB Archives

CHI-WEB@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Antje Roestenburg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Antje Roestenburg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 23:58:23 +0200
Hi there,
we have observed that a large number of users quit the online ordering
process of financial products prematurely. To improve the user experience
(and increase sales :-) we want to add a call-me button to the forms.
However, there seems to be quite a lot of differences in the use of this
feature on the Web.

Does anybody have and/or know where I could find some research or guidelines
concerning use of call-me buttons on (commercial) Websites?

I'm particularly interested in any interaction-related issues, such as

- same page vs. secondary page (pop-up?)
- time selection for call (e.g. in 10, 20, 30 mins vs. day + time)
- how much info to ask for (e.g. only phone no. or also name etc)
- whether to provide alternatives (e.g. call in, email, etc)
- where to display the call-me button (all pages, summary page, etc)
- etc.

Please send your replies directly to me ([log in to unmask]) and I will
post a summary on the list later.

Thanks,
Antje

Antje Roestenburg