CHI-WEB Archives

CHI-WEB@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Sender: "ACM SIGCHI WWW Human Factors (Open Discussion)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 16:35:22 -0700
From: Jim Griesemer <[log in to unmask]>
I Concur with Joan. From my experience with section
508 conformance, it is important to make the links
descriptive. People who use screen readers often
listen to the entire page first and then tab from link
to link. Identical "Read more" links are useless. As
Joan suggested, I would go with Read more about
[title].

As for the ever popular "double forward keyboard
arrow" -- Be aware that screen readers will speak them
as "greater greater". Tabbing through "Read more" with
those makes for some strange verbal hyperbole:

"Read more greater greater, Read more greater greater,
Read more greater greater, Read more greater greater,
Read more greater greater, Read more greater greater,"

Regards,
Jim Griesemer

http://eresearch.fidelity.com/eresearch/goto/markets_sectors/landing.jht