From:
Alan Bucher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alan Bucher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 11:02:42 -0700
Nathalie Barthe [mailto:[log in to unmask]] wrote:
>Display of User1 [who is in EST, US Eastern Time]:

One thing to account for, which I've seen many, many web sites and
publications get wrong, is that "EST" is Eastern *Standard* Time,
which is in effect only half the year. Right now we're in *Daylight*
time, so the correct designation is "EDT".

For most time zones, you can avoid this distinction by using
something such as "Eastern Time" or just "ET".

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail