From:
Albert Willemsen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Albert Willemsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2006 10:00:02 +0200
Hi Isha

The tool Theme may be interesting to you if you are interested in
navigational pathways rather than raw pagehits. Theme extracts the main
scenarios from loggings of site visits. It ignores random sidesteps, and
sticks to the main lines. It was developed as a research tool for
behavioral data. You can feed it log files, but they need some editing.

For an example see
http://www.noldus.com/site/content/files/case_studies/theme_usability.pd
f, for general info see www.noldus.com/theme. It is commercial software.

The most important pro of this software is that the analysis is unique.
Other sequential methods have great difficulty dealing with individual
variation, so most tools focus on overall statistics or individual
cases. The most important con is probably that it is a general purpose
research workbench, rather than a specialized web analytics tool.

Best wishes,

Albert Willemsen

Noldus Information Technology b.v.

Nieuwe Kanaal 5