CHI-WEB Archives

CHI-WEB@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Alex Bainbridge <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alex Bainbridge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2007 12:04:21 +0000
Hi Nick,

I am confident you already know about my own, published, travel booking
engine usability research:
http://www.tourcms.com/company/research/ . This doesn't cover registration
though.

Regarding registration, I expect you are looking at the trade off between
your desire to let an existing registered user login fairly early on in the
booking process (therefore enabling you to earlier show specific customer
pricing, upgrades etc) vs the desire to have a new user registration form
later in the process - because if you put a new user registration form too
early - this may put users off. (This is untested opinion - but fairly well
accepted I think)

While we are talking about registration forms - one of the more interesting
aspects of your site is the long title dropdown on your existing
registration form:
http://www.tourcms.com/blog/2007/09/28/do-you-have-royal-customers-how-do-you-handle-their-titles/
Does that work well from a usability perspective?

best wishes

Alex