CHI-WEB Archives

CHI-WEB@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 4 Apr 1997 15:55:13 +0000
From:
Merryanna Swartz <[log in to unmask]>
Magnet Interactive Communications is a web design and full internet
service provider that focuses on user-centered design, web site
evaluations and usability testing so that our sites are usable and
cognitively engaging for users.

Magnet uses multidisciplinary teams to combine visual design, user
interactivity, information presentation, and web technology in our
development efforts, as well as online marketing and branding
strategies, all with the user/customer in mind.

We have proprietary user-centered design and evaluation tools we use on
sites as they become developed inhouse or for those clients who come to
us and wish to know how well existing sites meet users' interactive
needs.  Our evaluations help them make responsible redesign decsions.

I just got back from SIG CHI and found that usability testing on the web
is fairly nascent.  Looks like there is a lot of work for us to do in
the field.
Merryanna Swartz, PhD
Director of Human Factors/ UI Design

Magnet Interactive Communications       [log in to unmask]
3255 Grace Street, NW                                   202-471-5867
Washington, DC 20007                                    http://www.magnet.com