From:
Ross Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 12 May 2000 11:04:46 -0700
Rick:

Please accept my humble apologies. I certainly didn't mean to disparage you
personally, and I'm sorry if I did. I guess I've been hanging out on too many
lists where newbies ask questions about HTML3.2 that are beyond the pale in
terms of lack of understanding.

You obviously are far more advanced in your development skills, and I do deeply
apologize for reacting otherwise. My mistake was in assuming that the jda.com
site was the one you were referring to.

No hard feelings?

...Ross...

Richard Chimera wrote:

> > From:    Ross Olson <[log in to unmask]>
> >
> > No, Richard may not have a full understanding about DIV tags,
> > or at least how
> > they are used at http://www.jda.com.
> >
> > The DIV tag does not have scrollable areas. On JDA.com there
> > are frames that
> > have scroll bars turned off and on. To my knowledge without
> > some significant
> > DHTML tricks, only frames and iframes can have scrollable
> > areas (or need them
> > to be turned off).
>

> Woah, nellie!  First of all, I did not say that it is www.jda.com that is
> the implementation of which I state we use the DIV tag.  As it turns out I
> have nothing to do with our corporate web site, I am working on
> intranet/extranet web applications that we sell to our clients.

...Ross...

____ http://www.exactinteractive.com/ __________________________

  "The Web is my day-long obsession, joy, and torment."
                             - with apologies to Claude Monet