From:
geetanjali barua <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
geetanjali barua <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 2010 14:19:44 -0500
Hello,

  I am a graduate student at DePaul University. I am currently doing a
research to understand usability practices in the corporate world(excluding
consulting companies).

Also to understand your usability interests, and what are the key skills a
new usability professional would need.

My research is due Nov 11th,  would anyone be interested to talk to me for
my research. Please let me know at [log in to unmask]

 *Below are some of the things I was interested in knowing [sample]:*

∑     Overview of organization

∑     Why does the organization have a usability group?

∑     When was the usability group started ?

∑      Has the purpose/organization of the group evolved ?

∑     What techniques/tools (eg. Card sorting) are used by the group ? Why ?
Why not ?

∑     What are the deliverables of the group ?

∑     When (At what point) does the group become involved in the
organizationís projects/work ?

∑     Where does the group fit in the organization ? (org chart/where does
the group report) why ?

∑     Has the group fulfilled its promise ?

∑     Does the group give your organization competitive advantage ?

∑     How would you change it if you could ?

∑     Is usability group well-regarded ?

∑     How did you first learn about usability?
∑     Key skills for usability professional?

Thank you for your time and help,

Geetanjali Barua

            CHI-WEB: www.sigchi.org/resources/web/faq.html
              MODERATOR: mailto:[log in to unmask]