CHI-WEB Archives

CHI-WEB@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Sender: "ACM SIGCHI WWW Human Factors (Open Discussion)" <[log in to unmask]>
From: Zoran Svetlicic <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 1997 21:41:19 -0500
I've been looking for a good solution to mapping some of the larger sites
that I work on for quite some time.  I recently ran into the MAPA service
from Dynamic Diagrams.

The basic idea is to map a whole site, store the information in a database,
and then create a customized map for each page in a Java applet.  Rather
than me trying to explain it further, check out their demo site:

http://www.dynamicdiagrams.com

What do you think of these site maps?  Are they too complicated for the
non-technical user?  In your opinion, Is this worth the $1000/year they
want to charge for it?

-- Zoran

Zoran Svetlicic - Your friendly neighbourhood Croatian and Web Guy
Member Services International, Inc.
e.mail [log in to unmask]           web http://www.member.com/~zoran