MM-INTEREST Archives

ACM SIGMM Interest List

MM-INTEREST@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 2017 23:46:22 +0100
From:
"Prof. Alan Smeaton" <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
ACM SIGMM Interest List <[log in to unmask]>
Dear Colleagues

It is with great pleasure that I announce the winners of three of our ACM SIGMM awards for 2017 as follows:

SIGMM Technical Achievement Award:
Prof. Dr. Arnold Smeulders, with further details on the SIGMM website here <http://www.sigmm.org/news/sigmm_technical_award_2017>.

SIGMM Rising Star Award:
Dr. Liangliang Cao, with further details on the SIGMM website here <http://www.sigmm.org/news/sigmm_rising_star_award_2017>.

SIGMM Award for Outstanding PhD Thesis in Multimedia Computing, Communications and Applications:
Dr. Chien-Nan (Shannon) Chen, with further details on the SIGMM website here <http://www.sigmm.org/news/best_thesis_award_2017>.

The awards will be presented at the 25th Annual ACM MULTIMEDIA Conference to be held in Mountain View, Ca., USA, between October 23 and October 27 this year, with details of the conference here <http://www.acmmm.org/2017/>.

Many congratulations to all three awardees. Their awards are testament to the quality of their work at the early, and later, stages of their careers, and their impact on the broad field of multimedia computing.  I look forward to congratulating them personally when we convene for the MULTIMEDIA conference in October, and I thank the selection committees and their chairs for the difficult task of selecting the winners.

- Alan

Prof. Alan F. Smeaton
Chair, ACM SIGMM and Director Insight Centre for Data Analytics, DCU.
Dublin City University, Glasnevin, Dublin 9, IRELAND.
Tel: +353 - 1 - 7005262
http://www.computing.dcu.ie/~asmeaton

ACM is the the world's largest educational and scientific computing society and SIGMM is ACM’s Special Interest Group on Multimedia which provides a forum for researchers, engineers, and practitioners in all aspects of multimedia computing, communication, storage, and applications.

--

*Séanadh Ríomhphoist/Email DisclaimerTá an ríomhphost seo agus aon chomhad a sheoltar leis faoi rún agus is lena úsáid ag an seolaí agus sin amháin é. Is féidir tuilleadh a léamh anseo.  <https://www4.dcu.ie/iss/seanadh-riomhphoist.shtml>This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for use by the addressee. Read more here. <https://www4.dcu.ie/iss/email-disclaimer.shtml>*

--

<https://www.facebook.com/DCU/> <https://twitter.com/DublinCityUni>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/dublin-city-university>