MM-INTEREST Archives

ACM SIGMM Interest List

MM-INTEREST@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Cise Midoglu <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cise Midoglu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 2021 12:47:42 +0100
*Important Message to Authors and Attendees*

As the MMSys’21 organizing committee, we are working toward organizing a
wonderful face-to-face event in Istanbul and making up for the
opportunities missed in 2020. We hope with all the vaccination programs
around the world, at least some of us will be able to travel again and
attend MMSys in person later in the year. Thus, we decided to move MMSys'21
and the co-located events to late September.

MMSys’21 will take place between **September 28th and October 1st** in
Istanbul.

Due to the date change, we adjusted the important dates
<https://2021.acmmmsys.org/index.php#call-to-action> for the authors, and
added a **second submission deadline** for the Research Track.

We are dedicated to accommodate any specific need authors or attendees
might have, including remote presentation/participation. As always, email
us (or find us on Slack) if you have any questions.

*ACM MMSys 2021 Research Track - Call for Papers*

The ACM Multimedia Systems Conference (MMSys) provides a forum for
researchers to present and share their latest research findings in
multimedia systems. While research about specific aspects of multimedia
systems are regularly published in the various proceedings and transactions
of the networking, operating systems, real-time systems, databases, mobile
computing, distributed systems, computer vision, and middleware
communities, MMSys aims to cut across these domains in the context of
multimedia data types. This provides a unique opportunity to investigate
the intersections and the interplay of the various approaches and solutions
developed across these domains to deal with multimedia data types.

Such individual system components include:

   -

   Operating systems
   -

   Distributed architectures and protocols
   -

   Domain languages, development tools and abstraction layers
   -

   Using new architectures or computing resources for multimedia
   -

   New I/O architectures/devices, innovative uses and algorithms
   -

   Representation of continuous or time-dependent media
   -

   Metrics and measurement tools to assess performance

This touches aspects of many hot topics including content preparation and
(adaptive) delivery systems, HDR, games, virtual/augmented/mixed reality,
3D video, immersive systems, plenoptics, 360-degree/volumetric video
delivery, multimedia Internet of Things (IoT), multi and many-core, GPGPUs,
mobile multimedia and 5G, wearable multimedia, cloud-based multimedia, P2P,
cyber-physical systems, multi-sensory experiences, smart cities and QoE.

We encourage submissions in the following Focus Areas:

   -

   Machine learning and statistical modeling for streaming
   -

   Volumetric media and collaborative immersive environments
   -

   Fake media and tools for preventing illegal broadcasts

*Important Dates (Updated)*

All deadlines: https://2021.acmmmsys.org/index.php#call-to-action

Submission deadline: March 8, 2021 (firm deadline)

Acceptance notification: April 23, 2021

Camera-ready deadline: May 7, 2021

Online submission: https://mmsys2021.hotcrp.com/

Instructions: https://2021.acmmmsys.org/calls.php

*General Chairs*

Özgü Alay (Simula Metropolitan and University of Oslo, Norway)

Cheng-Hsin Hsu (National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan)

Ali C. Begen (Ozyegin University and Networked Media, Turkey)

*TPC Chairs*

Lucile Sassatelli (Universite Cote d'Azur, France)

Feng Qian (University of Minnesota, USA)

*Supporters*

** Several travel grants will be offered **

Adobe, Ozyegin University, Turkish Airlines, Twitch, YouTube, Comcast,
Medianova, MulticoreWare, AMD, Argela, Bigdata Teknoloji, Bitmovin,
DASH-IF, Mux, Nokia, Pixery, SSIMWAVE, Streaming Video Alliance, Tencent,
Unified Streaming, Ericsson, Interdigital, Sky

*Follow Us*

https://twitter.com/acmmmsys/

https://www.linkedin.com/groups/12430121/

https://tinyurl.com/mmsys-wechat