MM-INTEREST Archives

ACM SIGMM Interest List

MM-INTEREST@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Sender: ACM SIGMM Interest List <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 16:15:29 +0200
From: Antoine Doucet <[log in to unmask]>
*Cross-lingual and cross-domain terminology alignment*

*
*

Interested in joining a young NLP group of 10+ people located in a
historical town by the Atlantic Ocean? And walk 10 minutes from the lab
to the beach. We have open positions in the *context of 2 ongoing
Horizon 2020* projects: Embeddia and NewsEye as well as related
projects. In 2020-2021, we have among others published long papers in
*CORE A* and A* conferences ACL, JCDL, CoNLL, ICDAR, COLING, ICADL, etc.

*Location*: L3i laboratory, La Rochelle, France

*Duration*: 2 years (1+1), with possible further extension

*Net salary range*: 2100€-2300 € monthly

*Context*: H2020 Embeddia project and regional project Termitrad

*Start*: 1 January 2022

named-entity recognition and linking, deep/machine learning, statistical
NLP, (text) mining*.

Applications are invited for a postdoctoral researcher position around
the topic of project Termitrad: keyword and terminology alignment 1)
across languages and 2) across domains. In short, the overall objective
of the project is to improve the relevance of the keywords describing
research papers (and, time allowing, the quality of abstracts). One the
one hand (cross-lingual alignment), we will rely on a corpora of journal
articles with both French and English keywords and abstracts, both in as
written by authors and in versions curated by experts. On the other hand
(crossdomain alignment), we will work with use cases provided by
researchers from different fields using different terms to describe
similar concepts.

To address this very project, the project team will consist of senior
staff, 2 post-doctoral researchers and 2-3 PhD students, one of which is
jointly supervised in the Józef Stefan Institute in Ljubljana,
coordinator of H2020 Embeddia. In this context, you will first be in
charge of building a state of the art of existing related approaches,
tools and resources, then to conduct further research and experiments,
as well as participate in the supervision of PhD students.

Who we search for:

-PhD in statistical NLP, IR, or ML, ideally with further postdoctoral
experience

-proven record of high-level publications in one or more of those fields

-fluency in written and spoken English (French language skills are
irrelevant)

Applications including a CV and a one-page research statement discussing
how the candidate's background fits requirements and topic are to be
sent to by email to [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>, strictly with the subject
"Embeddia/Termitrad postdoc application".

*Application deadline: 13 October 2021.*

*PDF version of this call*
<https://l3i.univ-larochelle.fr/spip.php?action=acceder_document&arg=1663&cle=9cdd6bde3a5ff4d4b148201051594ccaf6fe5b7e&file=pdf%2Fpostdoc-crosslingual-crossdomain-termalignment_cle4ceb14.pdf>

If you don't already have a password for the LISTSERV.ACM.ORG server, we recommend
that you create one now. A LISTSERV password is linked to your email
address and can be used to access the web interface and all the lists to
which you are subscribed on the LISTSERV.ACM.ORG server.

To create a password, visit:

https://LISTSERV.ACM.ORG/SCRIPTS/WA-ACMLPX.CGI?GETPW1

Once you have created a password, you can log in and view or change your
subscription settings at:

https://LISTSERV.ACM.ORG/SCRIPTS/WA-ACMLPX.CGI?SUBED1=MM-INTEREST