MM-INTEREST Archives

ACM SIGMM Interest List

MM-INTEREST@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Jean-Luc Dugelay <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jean-Luc Dugelay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 2023 21:00:01 +0200
We hope you can join us on *Thursday, October 5th* at *12:30pm CET* for
our next 1-hour webinar with *Andreas Uhl* on "Temporal Image Forensics:
What do we actually learn in data driven approaches?"

[6:30 a.m. New-York] - [12:30 p.m. Paris] - [6:30 p.m. Beijing]

*To join the webinar, please RSVP
here*:https://cassyni.com/events/4Y8bwmvKGH45dZ1XHUxzLd?cb=functi *
**If you wish to promote a EURASIP journal special issue, conference,
event, or new image/video database at an upcoming webinar, please reply
to this email with additional details.

*Title:*Temporal Image Forensics: What do we actually learn in data
driven approaches?

*Abstract:*The assessment of the age of a given digital image, assuming
that the EXIF data is not trustworthy, has been traditionally done by
analyzing sensor defects which occur and accumulate over time. In recent
work, deep-learning based technology has been increasingly used for the
age assessment task, which raises the question, which image features are
actually used by such techniques. Moreover, (public) datasets used in
corresponding experimentation might be prone to content bias, such that
instead of age groups, actually content groups are created. We will
report on recent results on this topic also showing the importance of
XAI techniques in this field.

*Bio:*Andreas Uhl is a full professor at the Department of Artificial
Intelligence and Human Interfaces (AIHI), University of Salzburg, where
he leads the Visual Computing and Security (VISEL) Lab. His research
interests are in biometrics (with emphasis on visually recorded
biometric traits), media forensics and medical imaging. He has
significant interest in transdisciplinary research, e.g. in aquaculture
monitoring, wood industry, and digital humanities.

If you don't already have a password for the LISTSERV.ACM.ORG server, we recommend
that you create one now. A LISTSERV password is linked to your email
address and can be used to access the web interface and all the lists to
which you are subscribed on the LISTSERV.ACM.ORG server.

To create a password, visit:

https://LISTSERV.ACM.ORG/SCRIPTS/WA-ACMLPX.CGI?GETPW1

Once you have created a password, you can log in and view or change your
subscription settings at:

https://LISTSERV.ACM.ORG/SCRIPTS/WA-ACMLPX.CGI?SUBED1=MM-INTEREST