MM-INTEREST Archives

ACM SIGMM Interest List

MM-INTEREST@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Sender:
ACM SIGMM Interest List <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Anna Brunström <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Aug 2022 21:35:27 +0000
The Faculty of Health, Science and Technology at Karlstad University invites applications for four doctoral studentships in Computer Science with a focus on data driven mobile networks and services at the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science.
Computer Science has received funding from the Knowledge Foundation of Sweden for a research profile on data-driven latency-sensitive mobile services for a digitalized society (DRIVE).  The profile is an eight-year 130 MSEK effort that will be run in close collaboration with our industrial partners Ericsson, Icomera, Mullvad, Telia, TietoEvry and Varnish. DRIVE will be launched in the fall and we are now looking to recruit four new PhD students to strengthen our team and start up work in the profile. We are looking to recruit one student each in the following areas:

  *   How to use network programmability frameworks and languages such as P4 to accelerate packet processing functions for providing flexible, QoS-enabled, and scalable connectivity in next-generation mobile networks.
  *   How to design data- and service-driven solutions that can facilitate adaptive and latency-aware communication in beyond 5G/6G mobile networks.
  *   How to model various parts of multi-tier computation platforms, and design scalable latency-aware AI/ML-based optimization solutions for service provisioning along the cloud continuum (i.e., IoT-Edge-Cloud platforms).
  *   How to measure and analyze end-to-end latency performance to gain insights on the integrated performance of DRIVE solutions, and data analytics for current and future 5G/6G networks.
For further information and instructions on how to apply see https://kau.varbi.com/en/what:job/jobID:525450/. Application deadline August 31.
Professor Anna Brunstrom
Karlstad University
651 88 Karlstad, Sweden
Phone:   +46 54 7001795
E-mail:  [log in to unmask]

If you don't already have a password for the LISTSERV.ACM.ORG server, we recommend
that you create one now. A LISTSERV password is linked to your email
address and can be used to access the web interface and all the lists to
which you are subscribed on the LISTSERV.ACM.ORG server.

To create a password, visit:

https://LISTSERV.ACM.ORG/SCRIPTS/WA-ACMLPX.CGI?GETPW1

Once you have created a password, you can log in and view or change your
subscription settings at:

https://LISTSERV.ACM.ORG/SCRIPTS/WA-ACMLPX.CGI?SUBED1=MM-INTEREST