Fri, 25 Sep 2020 19:04:01 +0800
** Full registration only needs $30 and it is FREE for SIGMM/ACM members by
Sept 30 ($30 afterwards) **
Dear Multimedia Researchers/Users,
We would like to welcome all of you to participate in ACM Multimedia 2020.
The main conference will take place from 13 - 15 October, and workshops and
tutorials will be held on October 12 and 16. This year's conference will be
held 100% virtually due to COVID-19, which offers more flexible forms of
participation. Online content (pre-recorded videos and paper information)
will be available a few days before the conference and the conference week
is for live interactions via Zoom meetings.
The highlights of the ACM MM 2020 program are summarized as below:
- High quality technical program: 474 regular papers selected from 1,698
full paper submissions (increased 81.4% compared with the number of last
year) for the main conference tracks
- Two keynote speeches by distinguished scholars:
- Prof. Klara Nahrstedt: 360-Video Navigation for 360-Multimedia Delivery
Systems: Research Challenges and Opportunities
- Dr. Shuicheng Yan: Neural Network Architecture Design
- Two industrial invited talks by leading experts:
- Dr. Dong Yu: Building Digital Human
- Mr. Itamar Friedman: Cloud Drive App-Closing the Gap Between AI Research
- Two panels opening discussions about "Opportunities and Challenges for AI
Multimedia in the 'New Normal'" and "What Multimedia has to offer for our
common digital future"
- Eight Multimedia Grand Challenges ranging from activity recognition,
vision & language understanding, medical applications, and metadata
- Eight tutorials about new directions in multimedia research and eleven
workshops which cover a wide range of cutting-edge topics
Please check out the schedule on the website for the detailed timetable for
the different sessions:
In case you haven't registered yet this is probably the moment as the early
bird registration is ending in one week (Sep. 30, 2020 23:59 AoE) from now.
Here is the registration link:
Please note this year, we reduced registration fee a lot: full registration
only needs $30 for non-authors, and it is free for SIGMM or ACM members by
Sep 30 ($30 afterwards).
For further information please visit the ACM MM 2020 Online website:
We are looking forward to engaging with you in this new and exciting format
for ACM MM.
Chang Wen Chen, Rita Cucchiara, Xian-Sheng Hua
ACM Multimedia 2020 General Chairs