*** Fourth Call for Contributions ***
38th IEEE International Conference on Software Maintenance and
Evolution (ICSME 2022)
3–7 October, 2022, 4* Atlantica Miramare Beach Hotel, Limassol, Cyprus
Goals and Scope
The IEEE International Conference on Software Maintenance and Evolution (ICSME) is
the premier forum for researchers and practitioners to present and discuss the most
recent innovations, trends, experiences, and challenges in software maintenance and
evolution. We invite high quality submissions describing significant, original, and
unpublished results related to but not limited to any of the following software
maintenance and evolution topics (in alphabetical order):
• Change and defect management
• Code cloning and provenance
• Concept and feature location
• Continuous integration/deployment
• Empirical studies of software maintenance and evolution
• Evolution of non-code artifacts
• Human aspects of software maintenance and evolution
• Maintenance and evolution of model-based methods
• Maintenance and evolution processes
• Maintenance and evolution of mobile apps
• Maintenance and evolution of service-oriented and cloud computing systems
• Maintenance versus release process
• Mining software repositories
• Productivity of software engineers during maintenance and evolution
• Release engineering
• Reverse engineering and re-engineering
• Run-time evolution and dynamic configuration
• Software and system comprehension
• Software migration and renovation
• Software quality assessment
• Software refactoring and restructuring
• Software testing theory and practice
• Source code analysis and manipulation
• Technical Debt
ICSME welcomes innovative ideas that are timely, well presented, and evaluated. All
submissions must position themselves within the existing literature, describe the
relevance of the results to specific software engineering goals, and include a clear
motivation and presentation of the work.
ICSME invites contributions to a number of different tracks. These are listed below
with more information, including submission instructions, available on the
conference web site (submission dates are midnight, AoE, UTC-12). The submission
link for all tracks is: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icsme2022 .
Please use this link and choose the appropriate track for your submission.
• Abstract Submission: March 25th, 2022.
• Paper Submission: April 1st, 2022.
• Notification: June 10th, 2022.
• Camera-Ready: July 1st, 2022.
Please refer to https://cyprusconferences.org/icsme2022/call-for-research-track/ .
• Paper Submission: July 8th, 2022.
• Notification: August 1st, 2022.
• Camera-Ready: August 19th, 2022.
Please refer to https://cyprusconferences.org/icsme2022/call-for-doctoral-symposium/ .
Journal First Track
• Paper Submission: June 17th, 2022.
• Notification: July 8th, 2022.
Please refer to https://cyprusconferences.org/icsme2022/call-for-journal-first-track/ .
Tool Demo Track
• Abstract Submission: June 13th, 2022.
• Paper Submission: June 20th, 2022.
• Notification: July 19th, 2022.
• Camera-Ready: July 26th, 2022.
Please refer to https://cyprusconferences.org/icsme2022/tool-demo-track/ .
Joint Artifact Evaluation Track and ROSE Festival
• Artifact Submission: August 26th, 2022.
• Notification: September 16th, 2022.
Please refer to https://cyprusconferences.org/icsme2022/call-for-joint-artifact-evaluation-track-and-rose-festival-track/ .
• Full/Short Papers Abstract Submission: April 22nd, 2022.
• Full/Short Paper Submission: April 29th, 2022.
• Full/Short Paper Notification: June 15th, 2022.
• Full/Short Camera-Ready: July 15th, 2022.
• Extended Abstract Submission: May 20th, 2022.
• Extended Abstract Notification: June 15th, 2022.
• Camera-Ready: July 15th, 2022.
Please refer to https://cyprusconferences.org/icsme2022/call-for-industry-track/ .
News Ideas and Emerging Results Track
• Abstract Submission: June 17th, 2022.
• Paper Submission: June 24th, 2022.
• Notification: July 18th, 2022.
• Camera-Ready: July 31st, 2022.
Please refer to https://cyprusconferences.org/icsme2022/new-ideas-and-emerging-results/ .
Registered Reports Track
• Initial Report Submission: June 3rd, 2022.
• Feedback from PC: July 8th, 2022.
• Authors Response: July 22nd, 2022.
• Notification for Stage 1: August 12th, 2022.
• Submission of Accepted Report: August 19th, 2022.
Please refer to https://cyprusconferences.org/icsme2022/registered-reports-track/ .
• Rainer Koschke, University of Bremen, Germany
• George A. Papadopoulos, University of Cyprus, Cyprus
• Paris Avgeriou, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
• Dave Binkley, Loyola University Maryland, USA
Local Organising Chair and Industry Liaison
• Georgia M. Kapitsaki, University of Cyprus, Cyprus
New Ideas and Emerging Results Track Chairs
• Eleni Constantinou, Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands
• Christian Newman, Rochester Institute of Technology, USA
Tool Demonstrations Chairs
• Sherlock Licorish, University of Otago, New Zealand
• Gilles Perrouin, University of Namur, Belgium
Industry Track Chairs
• Andrea Capiluppi, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
• Shi Han, Microsoft Research Beijing, China
Journal First Track Chairs
• Alexander Chatzigeorgiou, University of Macedonia, Greece
• Amjed Tahir, Massey University, New Zealand
• Matthias Galster, University of Canterbury, New Zealand
• Mark Hills, East Carolina University, USA
Joint Artifact Evaluation Track and ROSE Festival Chairs
• Maria Papoutsoglou, University of Cyprus, Cyprus
• Christoph Treude, University of Melbourne, Australia
Most Influential Paper Awards Chairs
• Massimiliano Di Penta, University of Sannio, Italy
• Jonathan I. Maletic, Kent State University, USA
Diversity and Inclusion
• Hadil Abukwaik, ABB Corporate Research, Germany
• Sonia Haiduc, Florida State University, USA
• Maria Teresa Baldassarre, University of Bari, Italy
• Mike Papadakis, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg
[log in to unmask]
If you don't already have a password for the LISTSERV.ACM.ORG server, we recommend
that you create one now. A LISTSERV password is linked to your email
address and can be used to access the web interface and all the lists to
which you are subscribed on the LISTSERV.ACM.ORG server.
To create a password, visit:
Once you have created a password, you can log in and view or change your
subscription settings at: