EXTENDED DEADLINE: Feb. 25th
MedComNet 2021 - Call for Papers
19th Mediterranean Communication and Computer Networking Conference
Technically co-sponsored by IEEE
15-17 June 2021, Online
Submission deadline: Feb. 25, 2021 (EXTENDED)
Instructions for authors: https://www.medcomnet.org/authors-instructions/
Submission page: https://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=27922
+++ IMPORTANT NOTES +++
- Due to the continuing Coronavirus pandemic in the world, the organizers will hold the conference online.
- Registration fees will reflect this situation and will be around 250 euros for authors and free for students.
- Accepted papers will be submitted for inclusion into IEEE Xplore and extended versions of the best papers presented at the conference will be considered, by invitation and upon additional review, for publication in Elsevier Computer Communications journal.
- The best paper in the conference will be awarded the Mario Gerla Best Paper Award.
+++ THE CONFERENCE +++
MedComNet 2021 continues the tradition of the MedHocNet conference series that started in Sardinia in 2002 and was held annually in beautiful locations on the shores of the Mediterranean.
MedComNet is a forum for the presentation of new research results in the broad area of wired and wireless communication and computer networking. All aspects of the networking research area will be welcome.
Topics include but are not limited to:
- Wireless networks
- Cellular networks including 5G and 6G
- Vehicular networks
- Dynamic spectrum sharing
- Interference management and mitigation
- Medium access control
- MIMO-based networking
- mmWave, THz, VLC networking
- Mobile sensing and applications
- Mobility management and models
- Innovative Internet architectures
- Internet of Things and Cyber-physical systems
- Router and switch design
- Routing and multicast
- Software-defined Networking and Radio
- Optical networks
- Overlay and peer-to-peer networks
- Age of Information
- Energy efficiency in networks
- Machine Learning and AI for networks
- Edge and fog computing
- Datacenter networking
- Localization and location-based services
- Multimedia networking
- Network economics and pricing
- Network management
- Network measurement and analysis
- Network security and privacy
- Network virtualization
+++ IMPORTANT DATES +++
Paper submission deadline: Feb. 25, 2021
Acceptance notification: April 28
Registration (authors and early birds): May 19, 2021
Camera Ready Papers due: May 19, 2021
Conference: June 15-17, 2021
+++ KEYNOTE SPEAKERS +++
- Leonard Kleinrock, UCLA, United States. TBD.
- Jari Arkko, Ericsson Research, Finland. “Successes and challenges in the Internet architecture”
- Christophe Diot, Google, United States. “Reaching the end of Moore’s law: challenges in cloud networking”.
- Magnus Frodigh, Head of Ericsson Research, Sweden. “The technology Journey towards 6G”.
+++ ORGANIZING COMMITTEE +++
(see https://www.medcomnet.org/organizing-committee/ for the complete list)
Vincenzo Mancuso, IMDEA Networks, Spain
Gonzalo Camarillo, Ericsson Finland
Antonio de La Oliva, UC3M, Spain
Ilenia Tinnirello, University of Palermo, Italy
[log in to unmask]
If you don't already have a password for the LISTSERV.ACM.ORG server, we recommend
that you create one now. A LISTSERV password is linked to your email
address and can be used to access the web interface and all the lists to
which you are subscribed on the LISTSERV.ACM.ORG server.
To create a password, visit:
Once you have created a password, you can log in and view or change your
subscription settings at: