ACM Multimedia Systems 2017: Call for Participation
June 20-23, 2017 at Taipei, Taiwan
It is our pleasure to welcome you to the ACM Multimedia Systems
Conference (MMSys 2017), held from June 20-23, 2017 in Taipei, Taiwan.
We are happy to announce that this year, four renowned workshops will
be co-located with ACM Multimedia Systems 2017 (MMSys’17): NOSSDAV,
MoVid, MMVE, and NetGames. This is the first in MMSys history to have
FOUR co-located workshops. We believe this arrangement will certainly
make the general multimedia systems community more tightly coupled and
also ease the travel overhead of its members.
We believe that MMSys and its co-located workshops will stimulate
fruitful scientific discussions and, together with social activities
around Taipei city and other cities in Taiwan. Taiwan is well known
for the overwhelming friendliness of its people and the diversity in
its food °V We hope this will provide everyone a unique experience to
Southeast Asia and great memories.
We hope to see you at Taipei in June, 2017! More information below.
HIGHLIGHTS THIS YEAR
* 2 Keynote speeches
- Prof. Henry Fuchs, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Dr. Julien Lai, Software Engineer in CUDA Libraries & Algorithms
Group of NVIDIA
* 5 Overview talks
- Prof. Ragnhild Eg, Westerdals Oslo School of Arts in Norway
- Prof. Chung-Ta King, National Tsing Hua University
- Prof. Ketan Mayer-Patel, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Prof. Geraldine Morin, University of Toulouse in France
- Prof. Niall Murray, Athlone Institute of Technology in Ireland
* 6 Industrial talks
- Dr. Shannon Chen, Research Scientist of Facebook 360 Media Team
- Dr. Sega Cheng, Co-founder & CEO of LIVEhouse.in
- Dr. Sam Ding, CEO of VMFive
- Dr. Drake Guan, Technical Director of KKStream Limited
- Mr. Wesley Kuo, Founder of i@solution & Ubitus
- Mr. Raymond Pao, VP of HTC VIVE VR New Technology
* 4 co-located workshops
* 73 peer-reviewed publications presented at the conference
* 10 inspiring demo booths
* Sponsored awards (Tesla m40 and Vive) by NVIDA and VIVE
* Affordable registration price (~ $340 EURO for ACM/IEEE members)
* April 28: Student Travel Grant Applications
* April 28: Camera-ready Submission Deadline
* April 30: Early-bird Registration Deadline
* June 20: Start of MMSys 2017
Register *now* for ACM Multimedia Systems 2017 at:
Prices for early registration (by April 30) range from 200 EUR (for
students) to 400 EUR (for full registration, non-members).
Regular registration is 20% more expensive than early-bird registration.
Thus: Register ASAP.
* Full 4 day access to the main conference and all workshops
* Lunch (4 days)
* All-day drinks, coffee, snacks
* Welcome reception on June 20
* Conference banquet on June 21
The conference features 73 technical publications, and 2 keynotes, 5
overview and 6 industrial talks. Topics include network, system,
multimedia, usable and mobile security, VR/AR and games.
The full list of accepted papers can be found here:
The final programme will be announced in the following days.
CALL FOR STUDENT VOLUNTEER GRANTS
SIGMM will fund participation grants for a number of students. The
travel grant is meant to support personal attendance of a student at
ACM MMSys 2017. Students selected for the grant will be paid $500 --
$1000 USD for support of their travel expenses depending on
geographical areas, diversity, topics, and paper quality. Students
will have to make their own arrangements for travel and accommodation.
Apply by April 28 by referring to the guidelines here:
General Chair Kuan-Ta Chen, Academia Sinica
Program Chairs Pablo Cesar, Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica
Cheng-hsin Hsu, National Tsing Hua University
Dataset Chair Gwendal Simon, Telecom Bretagne
Demo Chair Vincent Charvillat, Universite de Toulouse
Panel Chair Shun-Yun Hu, Imonology Inc.
Overview Talk Chairs Dick Bulterman, Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica
Carsten Griwodz, Simula Research Laboratory
Proceedings Chair Chun-Ying Huang, National Chiao Tung University
Publicity Chairs Maha Abdallah, Pierre & Marie Curie University
Lifeng Sun, Tsinghua University
Shu Shi, AT&T Labs Research
Mohamed Hefeeda, Simon Fraser University
Local Chair Hwai-Jung Hsu, Feng Chia University
Treasurer Chih-Fan Hsu, Academia Sinica
Web Chair Anthony Chen, Academa Sinica
Find more information on the official conference website:
Direct any questions to the organizing committee:
School of Computing Science
Simon Fraser University, Canada