MM-INTEREST Archives

ACM SIGMM Interest List

MM-INTEREST@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Wanmin Wu <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Wanmin Wu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jul 2012 17:16:01 -0700
Call For Papers

MMSys 2013 : ACM Multimedia Systems Conference 2013
http://www.mmsys.org/?q=node/70
Oslo, Norway

The ACM Multimedia Systems conference provides a forum for researchers, engineers, and scientist to present and share their latest research findings in multimedia systems. While research about specific aspects of multimedia systems is regularly published in the various proceedings and transactions of the networking, operating system, real-time system, and database communities, MMSys aims to cut across these domains in the context of multimedia data types. This provides a unique opportunity to view the intersections and interplay of the various approaches and solutions developed across these domains to deal with multimedia data types. Furthermore, MMSys provides an avenue for communicating research that addresses multimedia systems holistically.

Full MMSys paper
Multimedia systems permeate many aspects of our daily life, and are steadily developed further. MMSys is a venue for researchers who explore:
	 Complete multimedia systems that provide a new kind of multimedia experience or systems whose overall performance improves the state-of-the-art through new research results in one of more components, or
	 Enhancements to one or more system components that provide a documented improvement over the state-of-the-art for handling continuous media or time-dependent services.

Such individual system components include:
	 Operating systems
	 Distributed architectures and protocol enhancements
	 Domain languages, development tools and abstraction layers
	 Using new architectures or computing resources for multimedia
	 New or improved I/O architectures or I/O devices, innovative uses and algorithms for their operation
	 Representation of continuous or time-dependent media
	 Metrics, measures and measurement tools to assess performance

This touches aspects of many hot topics: DASH, games, virtual environments, augmented reality, 3D video, immersive systems, telepresence, multi- and many-core, GPGPUs, mobile streaming, P2P, Clouds, cyber-physical systems  observe this space as we make more information about the connections available as we developed the web pages for 2013.

MMSys accepts full papers with 6 to 12 pages.

	 General Chair: Carsten Griwodz, Simula and University of Oslo, Norway
	 TPC Chair: Roger Zimmermann, National University of Singapore

Important dates
	 Full paper submission deadline: September 17, 2012
	 Acceptance notification: December 15, 2012
	 Final paper due: January 15, 2013
	 Conference: February 27 - March 1, 2013
write to: mailto:[log in to unmask]
or click the following link: