HotMobile 2013 is pleased to provide travel support to selected graduate
students to broaden the participation in our workshop. Travel support will
provide up to $700 per student to help cover the cost of the student's travel,
lodging, meals, and workshop registration fees. We encourage the participation
from women, underrepresented minorities, and persons with disabilities. Some
of the applicants will be selected to play visible roles in the organization
and running of ACM HotMobile 2013, including writing and publishing a workshop
summary in ACM MC2R and/or registration desk duties. Travel support is made
possible by a grant from SigMobile.
Applications for the travel award should be sent electronically as a PDF
attachment to the HotMobile 2013 Travel Award Committee
by Jan 10th, 2013. Please make sure that you receive an electronic confirmation
of your submission. An application should consist of the student's CV, a
letter from the student, and letter from the student's advisor.
The letter from the student should include:
1. A brief summary of research interests and accomplishments to date.
2. A description of areas reflected in the HoMobile 2013 program that would
impact the student's research.
3. A note on how assuming any additional roles at HotMobile 2013 would
impact the student.
In addition, the student's advisor should send a letter of recommendation to
the committee. It should include:
1. Confirmation that the student is a Ph.D. candidate in good standing.
2. The suitability of HotMobile 2013 program to the student's research
3. Ways in which attending the workshop would benefit the particular
4. The strengths and potential contributions of the student.
5. The financial needs of the student in traveling to HotMobile 2013.
Applications will be reviewed by the HotMobile Travel Awards Committee, and
the awards will be announced prior to the workshop. Alternates will be notified
in the event that a recipient declines. Late registration fees will be waved
for travel grant awardees.
Andreas Bulling, Ph.D.
Marie Curie Research Fellow
University of Cambridge
Junior Research Fellow
Wolfson College, Cambridge
[log in to unmask]
To unsubscribe from the MM-INTEREST list:
write to: mailto:[log in to unmask]
or click the following link: