MM-INTEREST Archives

ACM SIGMM Interest List

MM-INTEREST@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Susanne Boll <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Susanne Boll <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 2010 11:17:42 +0200
(*** Apologies for any cross-postings ***)

OFFIS  Institute for Information Technology (http://www.offis.de/en/) has an open position for a research assistant on a full-time basis available. We are seeking for a new colleague in the field of multimedia retrieval for 2 years with an option to extend to 5 years.

You will work in the project ExpertAzubi, supported by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research. Central aim of the project is to improve and initiate the active knowledge sharing between apprentices, skilled workers, teachers, enterprises and schools using Web 2.0 technologies. You will investigate and develop automatic and semi-automatic multimedia analysis and retrieval techniques, in order to enrich multimedia documents with meta-data. In addition, you will develop algorithms enabling the Web 2.0 platform to recommend media items, such as blog entries, photos, videos, etc. to their users.

You should be highly motivated and posses the competence to work independently in a team of researchers in the area of multimedia retrieval. You should enjoy facing interdisciplinary challenges. You have experiences or a strong interest in retrieval and analysis techniques for different media types. Furthermore, we expect an outstanding M.Sc. or Diploma in Computer Science or a related discipline.

German language skills or the strong willingness to acquire German are appreciated. OFFIS is located in Oldenburg in the North West of Gemany. As a dynamic university city Oldenburg has a distinct sense of personality and a unique quality of life offering many cultural and free time possibilities. Oldenburg is located near Bremen and Hamburg with the North Sea only few kilometres away.

We offer a salary according to your qualifications and experience.

As a research institute and in cooperation with the University of Oldenburg OFFIS offers excellent opportunities for scientific careers. Depending on your qualification and personal goals, we offer the possibility to pursue a PhD degree in Computer Science.

For more information, please contact the head of the health department:
Jochen Meyer (jochen.meyer (at) offis.de, Tel. +49-441-9722-185)
Please submit your application including the usual documents to: personal (at) offis.de

Looking forward to your application,

Wilko Heuten
--
Dr. Wilko Heuten
Gruppenleiter Intelligente Nutzungsschnittstellen | Manager Intelligent User Interfaces Group

OFFIS
FuE Bereich Gesundheit | R&D Division Health
Escherweg 2 - 26121 Oldenburg - Germany
Phone/Fax: +49 441 9722-171/102
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]