MM-INTEREST Archives

ACM SIGMM Interest List

MM-INTEREST@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Yuxin Peng <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yuxin Peng <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Feb 2020 10:44:01 +0800
===== ACM Multimedia 2020 =====

Oct. 12-16, Seattle
More details please visit: https://2020.acmmm.org

1. Call for Papers

ACM Multimedia is the premier international conference in multimedia. It covers multiple emerging fields focusing on advancing the research and applications of many media, including but not limited to images, text, audio, speech, music, sensor and social data.  It strongly encourages a complete and integrated approach to exchange, process and utilize information across modalities, as well as all cutting-edge research on each medium with potential of great positive impacts on everyday lives and technological breakthroughs.
While the community has a tradition of developing and innovating AI and system approaches to handle big data and improve users’ experiences on engaging and interacting with multimedia, it is also uniquely angled towards novel applications and urgent industrial challenges. As such the conference openly embraces new intellectual perspectives from both industry and academia, and welcomes submissions from related fields, such as artificial intelligence, vision and languages, data sciences, HCI and multimedia signal processing, as well as healthcare, education and beyond.  We invite the submissions in four major themes of multimedia.

Engaging Users with Multimedia
	Emotional and social signals
	Multimedia search and recommendations
	Summarization, analysis and storytelling

Experience
	Interactions and quality of experiences
	Art and culture
	Multimedia applications

Multimedia Content Understanding
	Multimodal integration and alignment
	Vision and language
	Resource-efficient multimedia computing on edges

Multimedia Systems
	Systems and middleware
	Transport and delivery
	Data systems management and indexing

2. Highlights of ACM Multimedia 2020

Scientific Diversity: It is among our top priorities to ensure a top-quality conference that covers a full diversity of all fields of multimedia research including a variety of media modalities by addressing both technological and practical challenges.

Value: We strive to select the most innovative and the highest-quality research aiming at the most impactful novelty on individual media and/or from a systematic perspective of innovating and integrating multiple components across modalities.

Sharing: We value the sharing of not only knowledge (in the form of papers, presentations and demos) but also the code and open-source software. While we will continue the implementation of the ACM Artifact Review and Badging, best efforts will be made on sharing and preserving the open-source code and systems resulting from the published papers.

3. Location

The conference will be held in Bellevue, Washington, United States, located in the Greater Seattle area famous as an ever-green city and home to many hi-tech companies. Our venue, Hyatt Regency Bellevue, is centrally located in Bellevue.

4. Important Dates

Reproducibility Companion Paper - 2 Feb 2020 Workshop Proposals Submission - 10 Feb 2020 Grand Challenge Proposal Submission - 10 Feb 2020 Grand Challenge Proposal Notification - 24 Feb 2020 Regular Papers Submission - 28 Mar 2020 (Abstract: 21 Mar 2020) Open Source Competition Submission - 11 May 2020 Brave New Ideas Submission - 11 May 2020 Interactive Artworks Submission - 11 May 2020 Doctorial Symposium Submission - 11 May 2020 Panel Proposals Submission - 11 May 2020 Tutorial Proposals Submission - 11 May 2020 Technical Demo and Video Program Submission - 25 May 2020 Regular Papers Notification - 22 Jun 2020
Grand Challenge Solutions Submission -	29 Jun 2020
Workshop Papers Submission - 29 Jun 2020

5. Organizing Committee

Honorary Chair:

Ramesh Jain, University of California Irvine

General Chairs:

ChangWen Chen, CUHK Shenzhen
Rita Cucchiara, UNIMORE
Xian-Sheng Hua, Alibaba Group

Technical Program Coordinator:

Marcel Worring, University of Amsterdam

Technical Program Chairs:

Guo-Jun Qi, Futurewei Technologies
Elisa Ricci, UNITN & FBK
Zhengyou Zhang, Tencent
Roger Zimmermann, National University of Singapore

Panel Chairs:

Jiebo Luo, University of Rochester
Yong Rui, Lenovo

Tutorial Chairs:

Jialie Shen, Queen's University Belfast
Laura Toni, University College London

Workshop Chairs:

Winston Hsu, National Taiwan University
Shervin Shirmohammadi, University of Ottawa

Brave New Ideas Chairs:

Cees Snoek, University of Amsterdam
Hengtao Shen, UEST of China
Junsong Yuan, University at Buffalo

Multimedia Grand Challenge Chairs:

Ani Kembhavi, The Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence Lei Zhang, Microsoft

Open Source Chairs:

Jianchao Yang, Bytedance AI Lab US
Lucile Sassatelli, Université Cote d'Azur

Demo and Video Program Chairs:

Cathal Gurrin, Dublin City University
Klaus Schoeffmann, Klagenfurt University Yonghong Tian, Peking University

Interactive Arts Chairs:

Peter Knees, TU Wien
Zhe Gan, Microsoft

Web & Social Media Chairs:

Yiru Zhao, Alibaba Group
Yonggang Wen, Nanyang Technological University

Sponsor Chairs:

Yu-Gang Jiang, Fudan University
Tianzhu Zhang, University of Science and Technology of China

Publicity Chairs:

Benoit Huet, EURECOM
Kien A. Hua, University of Central Florida
Mohan Kankanhalli, National University of Singapore
Yuxin Peng, Peking University

Finance Chair:

Shuonan Zhang, Alibaba Group

Local Chairs:

Dinghuang Ji, Alibaba Group
Yu Cheng, Microsoft
Yu Wang, Alibaba Group

Publication Chairs:

Pradeep K. Atrey, University at Albany
Zhu Li, University of Missouri

Preservation Chair:

Balakrishnan Prabakaran, University of Texas at Dallas

Reproducibility Chairs:

Björn Þór Jónsson, IT University of Copenhagen Naoko Nitta, Osaka University

Doctoral Symposium Chair:

Yao Liu, Binghamton University

Student Travel Grant Chairs

Abdulmotaleb El Saddik, University of Ottawa Anthony Vetro, MERL