MM-INTEREST Archives

ACM SIGMM Interest List

MM-INTEREST@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Sender: ACM SIGMM Interest List <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 11:08:17 +0200
From: Frank Nack <[log in to unmask]>
Dear colleagues,

please note that the deadline for submissions to the interactive arts
program has been extended. It is now the *27th of April 2008*.

*ACM Multi Media 2008 *
Arts Program Call for Papers and Exhibition Entries  (
www.mmart.iat.sfu.ca )

October 27 - November 1, 2008
Vancouver, Canada

ACM Multimedia 2008 is the premier annual multimedia conference,
covering all aspects of multimedia computing. The ACM MM Interactive Art
Program connects arts and multimedia communities, creating a stage for
exploring, discussing, and pushing the limits for the advancement of
multimedia technology through the arts, and the arts through multimedia
technology.

This year's fifth version of the Interactive Art Program will consist of
a conference track and an art exhibition at Vancouver's Science. We
invite artists working with digital media and researchers in technical
areas to submit their original contributions:

• *Conference Track: *We solicit papers describing interactive
multimedia artworks, tools, applications, and technical approaches for
creative uses of multimedia content and technology, and management of
art-related media collections. Emphasis will be given to new works that
describe the creative processes within art, in forms such as interactive
experiences and creativity support tools. We also invite papers on works
that are interactive, particularly works that exploit non-conventional
human-computer interfaces or sensors in new and emerging areas. We
strongly encourage papers with a strong technical content written by
artists. Papers may be long (10 pages) or short (2 to 4 pages). Long
papers are presented in front of an audience and short papers are
presented in poster format. View conference track submission
instructions www.mmart.iat.sfu.ca/fullshortpapersub.html

*Full Papers Deadline: April 27, 2008 **(extended)*
*Short Papers Deadline: June 6, 2008 *

• *Multimedia Art Exhibition:* We seek artworks exploring the theme of
"Border Zones" using multimedia to shift, traverse, intersect, and
combine genres and modalities to provoke the emergence of new
frameworks.  We particularly seek interactive multimedia works that by
combining multiple media, technologies, and novel technical ideas,
realize strong artistic concepts that give a new perspective on the
topic of the exhibition. View exhibition submission instructions
www.mmart.iat.sfu.ca/exhsubmission.html

*Art Exhibition Deadline: April 27, 2008 (extended)*

Accepted papers and art works will be published in the ACM Multimedia
Conference proceedings.

* Important Dates *
• April 27, 2008 Full papers and art exhibitions submission deadline.
• June 6, 2008 Short papers submission deadline.
• June 27, 2007 Authors notification.
• July 20, 2007 Camera-ready papers due.

If you have questions regarding the art exhibition, please contact Vicki
Moulder, Arts Program Coordinator [log in to unmask]
If you have questions regarding the conference track, please contact
Frank Nack, Co-Program Chair, [log in to unmask]

*Program Chairs  *
Andruid Kerne, Interface Ecology Lab, Texas A&M University, USA
Frank Nack, HCS, University of Amsterdam, NL
Ron Wakkary, The School of Interactive Arts and Technology, SFU, CA