MM-INTEREST Archives

ACM SIGMM Interest List

MM-INTEREST@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Alan Smeaton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alan Smeaton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Jan 2021 23:03:42 +0000

Hi Folks

The ACM SIGMM (Special Interest Group in Multimedia) <http://sigmm.org/> provides a forum for researchers, engineers, and practitioners in all aspects of multimedia computing, communication, storage, and applications. We do this through our sponsorship and organisation of conferences and workshops, supporting student travel to such events, discounted registrations, two regional chapters, recognition of excellence and achievement through an awards scheme and we inform the community of our activities through the SIGMM Records and through mailing lists.

The SIGMM Executive invites applications for funding for new initiatives, which can only be submitted by members of SIGMM (Information on joining SIGMM can be found at https://www.acm.org/special-interest-groups/sigs/sigmm <https://www.acm.org/special-interest-groups/sigs/sigmm>).

These initiatives should focus on one, or more, of the following:
    - building on SIGMM’s excellence and strengths;
    - nurturing new talent in the SIGMM community;
    - addressing weakness(es) in the SIGMM community and in SIGMM activities.

The fund can support auditable expenses incurred and necessary for the completion of the initiative but will not support student travel to SIGMM-sponsored events as this is already covered by a centralised SIGMM funding scheme.

Proposals will be evaluated based on impact and contribution to the SIGMM community, and cost-effectiveness of the proposed budget. The selection of those to be funded will be made by a selection committee from the SIGMM Executive who make the final selection.

Submissions should be sent by email to the SIGMM Chair at [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> and to SIGMM Vice-Chair at [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> and should be in PDF of up to 2 pages max.

An initial selection will be made from submissions made on or before a closing date of Sunday 21 February 2021.  For informal enquiries contact SIGMM Chair [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Thanks.

- Alan

Prof. Alan F. Smeaton  MRIA FIEEE
Chair, ACM SIGMM
Founding Director, Insight Centre for Data Analytics, DCU.
Dublin City University, Glasnevin, Dublin 9, IRELAND.
Tel: +353-1-7005262 (forwards to mobile)
http://www.computing.dcu.ie/~asmeaton <http://www.computing.dcu.ie/~asmeaton>

--
*

*Séanadh Ríomhphoist/Email Disclaimer*

*Tá an ríomhphost seo agus aon
chomhad a sheoltar leis faoi rún agus is lena úsáid ag an seolaí agus sin
amháin é. Is féidir tuilleadh a léamh anseo.
<https://sites.google.com/view/seanadh-riomhphoist>*

*This e-mail and any
files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for use
by the addressee. Read more here.
<https://sites.google.com/view/dcu-email-disclaimer>*

*

--