MM-INTEREST Archives

ACM SIGMM Interest List

MM-INTEREST@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Carsten Griwodz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carsten Griwodz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Dec 2012 15:08:33 +0100
Dear All,

I've been asked to forward the following message by Larry Rowe to the SIGMM list:

After six exciting years as President of FXPAL, I have decided to step down. I am proud of the research accomplishments of lab members, and I am especially proud of the young researchers hired during my tenure.  Now it is time to let someone else lead FXPAL to even greater successes in the future.  I have included a job description in case you or someone you know might be interested in applying for the job.

As for my future, besides continuing to make and sell wine with my wife (Greyscale Wines) and spending a couple of months working on some research ideas related to using multiple displays and input devices (i.e., mobile devices) in smart spaces at FXPAL, I am looking forward to joining an innovative company working on interesting project.

Best wishes,
                Larry
p.s. No, this does not mean I have more time review papers, testify on patent cases, serve on conference committees, etc.
☺!

---
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: President and Chief Operating Officer

FX Palo Alto Laboratory (FXPAL) is a research laboratory owned by Fuji Xerox Co. Ltd., a joint venture between Fujifilm Holdings and Xerox Corporations that provides document printing and business services to the Asia Pacific market. The FXPAL mission is to invent new technologies and in conjunction with Fuji Xerox (FX) transfer them into products.  FXPAL has 35 permanent employees of which 18 are PhD research scientists. Current research areas include multimedia computing, human computer interfaces, and distributed communication & collaboration.

The President reports to the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer and oversees research, business development and technology transfer, finance, human resources, and IT operations. He/she will have a collegial and collaborative style with good personal interaction skills. He/she must be a visionary with the ability to develop and articulate research plans and provide strategic leadership for the laboratory. The Chairman and President interact with senior FX executives to provide advice on emerging technologies, business strategy, products, and operations.

Requirements: The successful candidate must have a PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, 15 years of research and management experience, and a demonstrated record of research, technology transfer, and business and product development success. He/she will have a sensitivity to and personal adeptness dealing with other cultures. He/she will have demonstrated trustworthiness and decisive decision-making, and adaptability to organizational change.

To apply, please email your resume to: [log in to unmask] We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in the workplace.

write to: mailto:[log in to unmask]
or click the following link:
http://listserv.acm.org/scripts/wa-ACMLPX.exe?SUBED1=MM-INTEREST&A=1