Sun, 29 Jul 2018 16:03:13 +0200
ACM MMSys 2019 Special Sessions - Call for Proposals
- Proposals for special sessions due: August 15, 2018
- Acceptance notification: August 31, 2018
- Note: Submission, notification and camera-ready dates will be the same
as for the research track.
- Webpage: http://www.mmsys2019.org/participation/special_sessions
- Email: [log in to unmask]
The ACM Multimedia Systems Conference (MMSys) invites proposals for
special sessions within the technical scope of the conference. The
purpose of special sessions is to supplement the regular program of
MMSys 2019 with the most promising research directions, trends and
challenges in the proposed field of multimedia systems (networking,
operating systems, real-time systems, databases).
Special session proposals should be submitted by the prospective
organizer(s) who will commit to promoting and manage their special
sessions. Prospective organizer(s) will be also involved in the review
process, which will be handled centrally by the MMSys TPC co-chairs, as
for the regular papers.
Proposals should include the following information and should be sent to
the MMSys TPC co-chairs ([log in to unmask]) by the deadline
- Title of the proposed session and topic overview (one paragraph)
- Novelty and rationale of the need for the special session at MMSys
2019 (max two paragraphs)
- Short biography of the organizer(s)
- 4-6 potential papers (author names w/ affiliations, title and abstract)
Proposals will be evaluated based on the timeliness of the topic, impact
and the qualifications of organizers as well as the quality of the
proposed list of potential papers.