CALL FOR PAPERS! Extended Deadlines (Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP)
2023 IEEE–17th International Conference on SIGNAL IMAGE TECHNOLOGY & INTERNET BASED SYSTEMS (SITIS 2023)
Track INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS, SERVICES AND APPLICATIONS (ISSA)
November 8th – November 10th, 2023
Venue: The Berkeley Hotel Pratunam
*** Important dates
Paper Submission: September 17 ***EXTENDED***
Acceptance/Reject notification: October 13, 2023
Camera-ready: October 20, 2023
Author registration: October 20, 2023
*** AIM AND SCOPE
The ISSA (Intelligent Systems, Services and Applications) track of the 17th international conference SITIS will focus on recent concepts, architectures, protocols, and methodologies for emerging AI development and information management issues in modern distributed systems such as Cloud, Edge, Fog, and IoT.
Nowadays, an unlimited number of smart objects relate to the scope of making our environment more interactive. Information can be exchanged easily, tasks can be processed collaboratively, devices and objects can be efficiently connected, and communities of users with similar interests can be formed to achieve their goals proficiently and improve performance.
New issues and challenges are emerging in this pervasive and collaborative world, ranging from the need for high-accurate AI and decision-support systems able to adapt to changing environments to the need to protect the users' safety, security, and privacy, which are increasingly seen as yet another component of these systems.
Lately, neuro-symbolic AI is a field of study aiming to bring together learning and reasoning, combining neural networks with logic and probabilities. The integration of these components would allow for attaining human reasoning capabilities.
ISSA track aims to provide an international forum for researchers, professionals, and industrial practitioners to share their experiences and knowledge in this growing and critical Internet and Web technologies area.
*** Technical co-sponsoring by:
IEEE Computer Society
IEEE Computer Society Technical Committee on Multimedia Computing
*** The topics of interest of the track include, but are not limited to:
• Neuro-symbolic Learning – knowledge evolution, modular learning
• Neuro-symbolic Reasoning
• Neuro-Symbolic Integration – knowledge learning by neural networks, symbolic knowledge extraction from neural networks
• Translation / mapping algorithms between neural networks and logic formalisms
• Applications of Neuro-Symbolic Integration
• Rule extraction and interpretability
• Neuro-symbolic multi-agent systems
• Neuro-symbolic frameworks
Big Data Management and Analytics
• Theoretical Models for Big Data
• Computational Models for Big Data
• Data and Information Quality for Big Data
• Big Data Models, Representation Formats, and Algorithms
• Big Data Semantics and Knowledge Organization
• Big Data Architectures and Storage
• Descriptive, Predictive, and Predictive analytics on Big Data
• Machine Learning Algorithms for Big Data
• Big Data Integration Architectures and Techniques
• Graph Modeling, Storage, and Analytics
Intelligent Services and Applications
• Data and Knowledge as a Services
• Web Services, Mobile services, and Service Computing
• Software Architecture and Middleware
• Semantic and Intelligent Services
• Service Discovery, Selection, and Recommendation
• Service Composition and Service-based data Integration
• Future Networks for Cloud Edge Fog and IoT
• Artificial Intelligence in Edge/IoT computing
• Distributed Ontologies and Contextual Reasoning
• Semantic Interoperability and Semantic Mediators
• Collective Knowledge and Collective Intelligence
• Data Analysis and Visualization for health and Smart Cities
• Smart Homes and Independent Living
• Intelligent Service Discovery, selection, and composition
• Service-based data Integration
• Business Process as a Service (BPaaS)
• Health Informatics as a Service (HIaaS)
• Ecosystem services and management
Information Security and Privacy
• Security Modeling and Access Control Protocol
• Web Security and Trust Management
• Fundamental Security Services on Network and Distributed Systems
• Security and Privacy for Emerging Technologies
• Big Data Security Protection, Confidentiality, Integrity, and Privacy
• Next generation 5G/6G Network Security
• Dependable and Reliable services
• Assurance/testing and monitoring of security properties
• Trustworthy/Certified AI/ML
• Trustworthy AI/ML
• Certified AI/ML
*** Submission and publication
Each submission should be at most 8 (eight) pages, including a bibliography and well-marked appendices, and follow the IEEE double columns publication format. You can download the IEEE conference templates – Latex and MS Word A4 – at the following URL: https://www.ieee.org/conferences/publishing/templates.html
Submissions will be peer-reviewed by at least two reviewers. Papers will be evaluated based on relevance, significance, impact, originality, technical soundness, and presentation quality. At least one author should attend the conference to present an accepted paper.
All papers accepted for presentation at the main tracks and workshops will be included in the conference proceedings, published by the IEEE Computer Society, and referenced in IEEE Xplore Digital Library, Scopus, DBLP, and major indexes.
Paper submission will only be online via EasyChair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=sitis2023
*** TRACK CHAIRS
Ana Roxin, University of Bourgogne, France
Kokou Yetongnon, University of Bourgogne, France
*** Registration At least one author of each accepted paper must register for the conference and present the work in presence or remotely.
A single registration allows attending both track and workshop sessions. Further information is available on the registration page : https://www.sitis-conference.org/2023/attend/registration/
The 17th edition of the SITIS conference will be held in the vibrant city of Bangkok, Thailand, in The Berkeley Hotel Pratunam :
Several workshops are co-located with the SITIS2023 conference. A complete list of the workshops can be found on the conference website.
To unsubscribe from the DBWorld mailing list please visit https://dbworld.sigmod.org and follow the unsubscribe directions given there.