MOD-DBWORLD Archives

DBWorld @ ACM SIGMOD

MOD-DBWORLD@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Flora Salim <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2023 11:40:07 -0400
** Two(to Three) Postdoc Research Fellow positions at UNSW, Sydney **

1. Postdoc Fellow in Machine Learning, to work in our CSIRO's Data61 - National Science Foundation (NSF) Collaborative Project "Understanding Bias in AI Models for the Prediction of Infectious Disease Spread" - a collaborative project between UNSW Computer Science and Engineering, Kirby Institute, UNSW Sydney, Emory University, George Mason University, and Arizona State University. You're going to work on data-efficient learning mechanisms, including self-supervised learning and pretraining for heterogenous spatiotemporal and biological data, in collaboration with a large research team (PhDs and postdocs) across four universities.

The job description, selection criteria, and application link:
https://external-careers.jobs.unsw.edu.au/cw/en/job/518501/postdoctoral-research-fellow-in-machine-learning

Information about the project:
The second project described in this link: https://newsroom.unsw.edu.au/news/general/unsw-academics-awarded-more-16m-joint-australian-us-artificial-intelligence-research

The second project listed in this link: https://new.nsf.gov/news/new-nsf-australia-awards-will-tackle-responsible

2. Research Fellow in Explainable Reinforcement Learning (XRL), to work across two projects. The first is on Multi-agent XRL in collaboration with US Airforce and ARC Centre of Excellence for Automated Decision-Making and Society.
The second project is with CSIRO in collaboration with NSW government and many industry partners on electrification and flexible demand experiments "Towards Net Zero".