The LIRIS lab of the Lyon 1 University invites applications for open postdoctoral position on the project EASIER-COHORT: ExtrAction of Symptoms from electronIc hEalth Records to create automatic COHORTs
Location: Lyon, France
Application Deadline: 30 November 2023
Starting Date: January 2024
Contract Duration: 1 year (with possible extension to 2 years)
We are looking to hire one Postdoctoral Researcher to work on the project EASIER-COHORT: ExtrAction of Symptoms from electronIc hEalth Records to create automatic COHORTs funded by the SHAPE-Med@Lyon initiative. The position will be based at Lyon 1 University and it’s in collaboration between the CNRS LIRIS research laboratory, and two teams of the Hospices Civils de Lyon: the Centre of Excellence in Respiratory Pathogens (CERP), and Sante' publique, epidemiologie et ecologie evolutive des maladies infectieuses (PHE3ID) groups.
In particular, the candidate will be part of the Database Team (DB) and co-supervised by Prof. Angela Bonifati and Dr. Andrea Mauri.
The EASIER-COHORT project aims at developing NLP techniques to automatically retrieve information from free-text fields in the electronic health records (EHR), such as symptoms and comorbidities to integrate structured and unstructured data to create electronic cohorts of patients and address epidemiological questions.
As a part of the role you will 1) design, develop, and test text-mining algorithms for the detection of symptoms and comorbidities in unstructured text, and 2) collaborate with the experts of the CERP and PHE3ID to evaluate the algorithms on real use cases. You'll be responsible for writing academic papers, technical reports, and project deliverables, as well as attending academic conferences or project meetings to present your findings and serve as a representative for the team.
* A PhD in Computer Science, preferably on Data Systems, Natural Language Processing, Digital Health, Artificial Intelligence, or related topics
* Provable fluency in at least one programming language, e.g., Python/R, Java, C++, Rust, etc..
* Curiosity and passion for research and learning in general
* Proficiency in the French language is a plus.
* Previous experience in the healthcare domain is a plus
To apply send an email to [log in to unmask] and [log in to unmask] with attached a single PDF containing
* Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
* Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications and the contact information of three references.
We strongly encourage interested candidates to contact us to know more about the position before sending the application.
To unsubscribe from the DBWorld mailing list please visit https://dbworld.sigmod.org and follow the unsubscribe directions given there.