The 26th International Workshop on Design, Optimization, Languages and Analytical Processing of Big Data (DOLAP 2024), the premier workshop in this area, will take place co-located with EDBT 2024 in Paestum (Italy) on March 25th 2024.
Submissions are now open at https://cmt3.research.microsoft.com/DOLAP2024
Official website: https://dolapworkshop.github.io/dolap-2024/
- Paper submission: November 30, 2023 (Abstract: November 23, 2023)
- Authors notification: January 22, 2024
- Workshop date: March 25, 2024
DOLAP accepts short and long paper submissions, moreover this year for the first time we will invite extended abstracts on visions, challenges, and opportunities for artificial intelligence in data analytics.
The best papers presented at DOLAP will be invited to a special issue of Information Systems.
Long papers include novel and mature research, industrial, or survey work. Long papers of good quality but not mature enough might be accepted to the workshop as short papers.
Short papers include (ongoing) novel research works with preliminary results and vision/position papers outlining research issues for future work.
Extended abstract will be invited to present in the interactive panel session, and include initial controversial ideas and visions, reports on early (or negative) results, or reflections on existing and future challenges on the theme of the interactive session.
The page limit is 8 pages for full papers, 4 pages for short papers, and 2 pages for extended abstracts (in CEUR format, double-column, excluding references). Each submission will be reviewed by 3 members of the program committee, the review process is single-blind, and thus authors must include their names and affiliations in submissions.
Extended abstracts are short papers with an abstract, a main body, and references but have only 2 standard pages of content references included.
*** Interactive Panel Session on: Artificial Intelligence in Data Analytics ***
For DOLAP 2024, we solicit an extended abstract about perspectives on exciting and controversial issues of broad interest to the community around the topic of artificial intelligence in data analytics. Extended abstract on this topic can present a vision as well as early or negative results, or comments that can influence recent advancements and research directions.
The panel session will feature short presentations followed by extensive and interactive discussions on the presented topics. We encourage the authors to propose topics and perspectives that will engage the audience and ignite debate among the participants. Ultimately, the goal is to tap into one of the original functions of workshops as a forum for discussion, where researchers come together to brainstorm and contribute to paving the way for future research directions.
Research topics include, but are not limited to:
Design and Language
- Data management fundamentals: architectures, design, ETL/ELT, reverse ETL, modeling, data integration, database design for big data, query processing, maintenance, evolution, security, personalization, and privacy in decision support systems.
- Data Variety: unstructured data (e.g., text), semi-structured data (e.g., XML, JSON), multimedia, spatial, temporal, and spatio-temporal data, stream and sensor data, semantic web, data lakes, data spaces, data quality, graph data, multistore and polystore solutions, multi-model data warehouse
- Explainable, trustworthy, and interpretable analytics: bias in big data and how to mitigate it; data quality and data cleaning; FAIRness (Findability, Accessibility, Interoperability and Reusability) in OLAP
- Coping with Volume: physical organization, performance optimization and tuning, scalability, MapReduce and Spark for data analytics, performance optimization of ETL/ELT.
- Coping with Velocity: Deployment on parallel machine, database clusters, cloud infrastructures and serverless architectures, active/real-time analytics, real-time queries.
Analytical Processing and Applications
- Analytics and Value: OLAP, data exploration through visualization, recommendation, reformulation, approximate query-answering, personalization, result presentation, data storytelling, graph analytics, process mining, advanced visualization for business contexts.
- Analytics and Veracity: heterogeneous data integration for analytics, quality aspects of data analysis, exploration outcome and end-user experience, fairness of data analysis, analytics and data driven decision making for the data enthusiasts.
- Integration of analytics with machine learning, data mining, information retrieval, search engines, data science, predictive and prescriptive analytics.
- Big Data applications: smart city, smart health, smart energy, smart grid, smart agriculture.
## General Chair
- Il-Yeol Song, Drexel University, United States
## Program co-Chairs
- Enrico Gallinucci, University of Bologna, Italy
- Matteo Lissandrini, Aalborg University, Denmark
## Steering Committee
- Alberto Abelló, Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya, Spain
- Ladjel Bellatreche, LIAS/ISAE-ENSMA, France
- Alfredo Cuzzocrea, Universitá della Calabria, Italy
- Carlos Garcia-Alvarado, Amazon, USA
- Lukasz Golab, University of Waterloo, Canada
- Matteo Golfarelli, University of Bologna, Italy
- Katja Hose, Aalborg University, Denmark
- Patrick Marcel, University of Tours, France
- Carlos Ordonez, University of Houston, USA
- Torben Bach Pedersen, Aalborg University, Denmark
- Stefano Rizzi, University of Bologna, Italy
- Oscar Romero, Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya, Spain
- Alkis Simitsis, Athena Research Center, Greece
- Il-Yeol Song, Drexel University, USA
- Kostas Stefanidis, Tampere University, Finland
- Dimitri Theodoratos, New Jersey Institute of Technology, USA
- Juan Carlos Trujillo, University of Alicante, Spain
- Panos Vassiliadis, University of Ioannina, Greece
- Robert Wrembel, Poznan University of Technology, Poland
- Esteban Zimanyi, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium
## Program Committee
- Alberto Abelló, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
- Julien Aligon, Université Toulouse 1 Capitole
- Ladjel Bellatreche, ISAE-ENSMA
- Rafael Berlanga Llavori, University Jaume I
- Besim Bilalli, Universitat Politécnica de Catalunya
- Sandro Bimonte, INRAE
- Martin Boissier, Hasso Plattner Institute
- Tania Cerquitelli, Dipartimento di Automatica e Informatica Politecnico di Torino
- Silvia Chiusano, Politecnico di Torino
- Alfredo Cuzzocrea, Universitá della Calabria
- Jerome Darmont, ERIC - Université Lumière Lyon 2
- Stefania Dumbrava, ENSIIE
- BENTAYEB Fadila, University Lumiere Lyon 2
- Matteo Francia, DISI - University of Bologna
- Pedro Furtado, Universidade de Coimbra
- Johann Gamper, Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, Italy
- Chang Ge, University of Minnesota
- Lukasz Golab, University of Waterloo
- Matteo Golfarelli, DISI - University of Bologna
- Marcin Gorawski, Marcin Gorawski
- Michael Grossniklaus, University of Konstanz
- Le Gruenwald, The University of Oklahoma
- Nicolas Labroche, University of Tours
- Wolfgang Lehner, TU Dresden
- Xiufeng Liu, Technical University of Denmark
- Patrick Marcel, University of Tours
- Jose-Norberto Mazón, Universidad de Alicante
- Rokia Missaoui, UQO
- Sergi Nadal, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
- Carlos Ordonez, University of Houston
- Matteo Paganelli, Università di Modena e Reggio Emilia
- Torben Bach Pedersen, Aalborg University
- Oscar Romero, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
- Dimitris Sacharidis, ULB
- Alkis Simitsis, Athena Research Center
- Giovanni Simonini, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia
- Kostas Stefanidis, Tampere University
- Arash Termehchy, Oregon State University
- Olivier Teste, IRIT, University of Toulouse
- Dimitri Theodoratos, New Jersey Institute of Technology
- Maik Thiele, Hochschule für Technik und Wirtschaft Dresden
- Christian Thomsen, Aalborg University
- Goce Trajcevski, Northwestern University
- Juan Carlos Trujillo, University of Alicante
- Panos Vassiliadis, University of Ioannina
- Hannes Voigt, Neo4j
- Robert Wrembel, Poznan University of Technology
- Esteban Zimanyi, Universite Libre de Bruxelles
To unsubscribe from the DBWorld mailing list please visit https://dbworld.sigmod.org and follow the unsubscribe directions given there.