Call for ICDM Tao Li Award
ICDM Tao Li Award was established in December 2017. The purpose of the award is to honor Professor Tao Liís life and accomplishment, and reward excellent early career researchers (individuals either in a doctoral program or who have received a doctoral degree less than 10 years prior to receiving the Award) in the field of data mining and machine learning. Each year, starting from 2018, the ICDM steering committee will form an ad-hoc award committee to select one awardee to receive the Tao Li award. The award, worth $2,000 in check, for one awardee, will be given out once a year at the annual IEEE International Conference on Data Mining (ICDM). The Tao Li Award was established through public donations, and is managed by the IEEE ICDM steering committee and the FAU Foundation.
2023 Tao Li Award Selection Criteria
* The awardee is either in a doctoral program or has received a doctoral degree less than 10 years prior to Dec 1 2023.
* The awardee has made significant achievement in the area of data mining, machine learning, and artificial intelligence.
* The awardee has demonstrated significant impact in research contribution, leadership, and services.
* The awardee has obtained a strong reference from a world leading researcher in the field.
* The awardee commits to attend the ICDM-2023 ceremony on site to receive the award.
Candidates should submit applications to [log in to unmask], with following materials being included in the package (please include materials in one zip file, preferably compiling all documents as one pdf file):
* A one-page executive CV of the candidate.
* Response to the above selection criteria (2 pages maximum).
* Certificate showing PhD degree awarding intuition and the time receiving the PhD degree.
* One referee letter with referee's contact details and signatures (preferably NOT applicantís PhD advisor).
Oct 31, 2023
Any inquiries and questions about this yearís Tao Li award should be addressed to: [log in to unmask]
For more information about the Tao Li Award or ICDM-2023, please access ICDM-2023 website: https://www.cloud-conf.net/icdm2023/
To unsubscribe from the DBWorld mailing list please visit https://dbworld.sigmod.org and follow the unsubscribe directions given there.