Data, Information, Knowledge and Wisdom, in short (DIKW), have been used widely as marking terms in various domains for expressing and exchanging semantic or conceptual subjective or objective understandings. However, there are still no unified understandings over the meaning of the DIKW concepts. Data, Information, Knowledge, and Wisdom as a whole concept of DIKW is also missing unified understandings of the relationships among them. Therefore, there have been proposals and models of DIKW as “layered hierarchy”, “architecture”, “framework”, “network”, “thinking mode”, “pattern”, “style”, “theory”, “methodology”, “model”, “graph”, etc.
2023 International Conference on Data, Information, Knowledge and Wisdom (DIKW 2023) aims to bring together scientists, researchers, and industrial engineers to exchange experimental and theoretical Data/Information/Knowledge/Wisdom modeling and processing results, novel designs, explainable AI, AI governance, work-in-progress and case studies on theories, design mechanisms and extensions on DIKW transformations and interactions in all areas, in all phases, empirical or theoretical solutions.
Paper submission due: October 15, 2023 (HST, Firm)
Author notification: October 25, 2023
Camera Ready due: October 30, 2023
Registration due: October 30, 2023
Submissions must include an abstract, keywords, the e-mail address of the corresponding author and should not exceed 8 pages for main conference, including tables and figures in IEEE CS format. The template files for LATEX or WORD can be downloaded here(https://www.ieee.org/conferences/publishing/templates.html). All paper submissions must represent original and unpublished work. Each submission will be peer reviewed by at least three program committee members. Submission of a paper should be regarded as an undertaking that, should the paper be accepted, at least one of the authors will register for the conference and present the work. Submit your paper(s) in PDF file at the submission site: http://www.swinflow.org/confs/2023/dikw/submission.htm.
Accepted papers will be submitted for inclusion into IEEE Xplore subject to meeting IEEE Xplore’s scope and quality requirements. Authors of accepted papers, or at least one of them, are requested to register and present their work at the conference, otherwise their papers may be removed from the digital libraries of IEEE CS after the conference.
Accepted and presented papers will be included into the symposium proceedings. Distinguished papers presented at the conference, after further revision, will be published in special issues of selected journals.
Scope and Topics
Topics of particular interest include, but are not limited to:
- Theories, Algorithms and Platforms for Data Analytics and Information Retrieving
- Data Provenance, Cleaning, Curation and Governance Services
- Data, Information, Knowledge and Wisdom Sharing, Integration and Migration
- Real-time Data Modeling and Information Provision Services and Applications
- Data-driven Intelligent Decision-making and Innovative Applications
- Goal or Purpose Models, Techniques and Tools for Smart Computing
- Data Models, Information Semantics, Query languages
- Data Stream Systems and Sensor Networks
- Data Visualization and Interactive Data Exploration
- Hybrid AI Privacy, Security, Trust, and Responsibility Provision
- Data-Knowledge Mixed Processing Systems and Service Architecture
- Domain Knowledge Modeling and Ontology-Building
- Data, Information and Knowledge Transformation Load balance
- DIKW content Storage and Retrieval and Interface Technology
- Software Tools for Data-Information-Knowledge Quality Modeling and Testing
- Computational Intelligence for Data, Information and Knowledge Hybrid Systems
- Multimedia and Cross-modals "Databases" Processing
- Development and Management of Heterogeneous Knowledge Bases
- Knowledge Extraction, Discovery, Analysis and Representation
- Application of Knowledge Representation Techniques to Semantic Modeling
- Optimization Techniques of DIKW applications
- Theories of DIKW Models and Performance Evaluation Approach
For more information, please visit http://www.swinflow.org/confs/2023/dikw/contact.htm.
Please direct your enquery to Dr. Arne Wilston at [log in to unmask]
Qun Jin, Waseda University, Japan
Yucong Duan, Hainan University, China
Muhammad Usman Khan, Federation University, Australia
Xiaolong Xu, Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology, China
Li Liu, University of Pittsburgh, USA
Dongyu Xin, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China
Steering Committee Chairs
Laurence T. Yang, Hainan University, China (Chair)
Yucong Duan, Hainan University, China (Chair)
Wei Liu, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, China
Carl Chang, Iowa State University, USA
Muhammad Islam, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia
To unsubscribe from the DBWorld mailing list please visit https://dbworld.sigmod.org and follow the unsubscribe directions given there.