Researcher position (50%) at UOL Germany
At the Faculty II - Computer Science, Economics and Law - of the Carl von Ossietzky University Oldenburg, the Software Engineering Group (Prof. Dr. Andreas Winter) in the Department of Computing Science has a vacancy for a
Scientific Assistant (m/f/d) (salary group 13 TV-L) with 50% of the regular working time, limited until December 31, 2025.
The research tasks of the position holder are embedded in the EU Interreg project "Data for all" (D4A, https://www.interregnorthsea.eu/dataforall), which deals, among other things, with the interoperability of heterogeneous data from smart regions for further use. A combination of the position with a second call (cf. https://uol.de/se?d4a) in the same project context by the German Aerospace Center (DLR) is possible and desirable.
The prerequisite for employment is a successfully completed scientific university degree (master or diploma) in computer science, business informatics, environmental informatics, mathematics or other related engineering sciences.
The ability to work in a team, organizational skills, strong communication skills, and very good written and spoken German and English are advantageous. Strong knowledge and experience in the areas of smart regions, Internet of Things (IoT), microservices, information management and data integration or data science are desirable.
Your tasks in the research cooperation are
- the conception of a framework for establishing data interoperability for heterogeneous smart region data from different sources, taking into account technical, organizational and legal frameworks,
- the definition of query mechanisms to access combined Smart Region data,
- the coordination, design and development of use cases of the national pilot study together with national project partners, and
- the coordination, exchange, and alignment with international project partners.
The software engineering department offers
- a very well-equipped infrastructure (meeting room for face-to-face, online and hybrid conferences, virtualization servers and the like),
- a pleasant, stimulating and varied working environment,
- a research-strong department with international contacts for exchange and joint research in the field of software engineering, IoT and smart regions, as well as
- active participation in national and international conferences, and
- opportunity for doctoral studies.
Carl von Ossietzky University Oldenburg aims to increase the proportion of women in the scientific field. Therefore, women are strongly encouraged to apply. According to § 21 para. 3 NHG, female applicants are to be given preferential consideration in the case of equivalent qualifications.
Severely disabled persons will be given preference in the case of equal suitability.
Applications with the usual documents are to be sent by 2023-09-04 as a single PDF document by e-mail to [log in to unmask], quoting the keyword D4A, to Carl von Ossietzky University Oldenburg, Faculty II, Department of Computer Science, Attn: Prof. Dr. Andreas Winter.
This is a translation of the announcement at https://uol.de/stellen?stelle=69637, only the original text is legally binding.
To unsubscribe from the DBWorld mailing list please visit https://dbworld.sigmod.org and follow the unsubscribe directions given there.