PODC Archives

ACM PODC Participants List

PODC@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Sender: ACM PODC Participants List <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2021 10:41:17 -0500
From: "Alexander A. Schwarzmann" <[log in to unmask]>
Dear Colleagues,

We are opening a search for an Associate Dean for Research in the School of
Computer and Cyber Sciences at Augusta University, Georgia, USA. Candidates
with substantial research accomplishments in all areas computer
science/informatics are welcome, but of particular relevance to this
community are distributed systems, cryptography, network security, formal
methods, and fault-tolerant computing.

Augusta University's oldest college is the Medical College of Georgia, est.
1828, and the newest is the School of Computer and Cyber Sciences, est.
2018. Our headquarters are in the new $100M Georgia Cyber Center. Our
neighbors and partners include Savannah River National Lab, US Army Cyber
Command and Cyber Center of Excellence, and NSA. We are designated by NSA
and DHS a Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense, and we are the
only university in Georgia to win the prestigious DoD Cyber Scholarship
Program grant four years in a row for a total of more than $1.5M, and we
have just won a $3.2M CyberCorp(r) NSF grant.

We are building a comprehensive research college in computing and I invite
applications at all ranks. In the past two years we have recruited 20
faculty, and there are 5 (out of 10) faculty positions still open for fall
2021, when we are planning to start our new Ph.D. program. This is an
exciting opportunity to be among the inaugural members of the new doctoral
program.

Please consider applying and I will be glad to answer any questions.

Alex Schwarzmann
--
*Alexander A. Schwarzmann*
*Dean, School of Computer and Cyber Sciences*

*Augusta University*

*Nathan Deal Campus for Innovation | Augusta, Georgia | 30901*

*Email: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>*